You should come to dinner sometime........
(ok, not the best picture, but seriously delicious!!!!!)
- 3 cups rice
- 6 cups of water
- 4tsp chicken bouillon
- 4tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro (substitute dried cilantro)
- 1 can green chilies
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup dehydrated onion
- Pour all into rice cooker and cook or cook on stove
- bring to boil and simmer for 30 min
- Mix and squeeze fresh lime juice is desired
CREAMY TACO MAC
- 1/25 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 8oz dry pasta + 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 16oz jar of salsa
- 4Tbsp mild taco seasoning
- 3oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese, plus more for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil & cook pasta per directions. Reserve once cup of pasta water.
- Over medium heat, brown ground beef until no longer pink. Add onion and cook 5 minutes
- Add taco seasoning and salsa. Allow to simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta, reserved water, cream cheese, sour cream, and shredded cheese. Give it a good stir until cheeses are melty and incorporated.
- Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt & pepper if desired
- Top off with cheddar cheese for extra cheesy goodness.