Friday, May 4, 2012
Monday, January 16, 2012
Definitely a new favorite in our house! This is AMAZING! I got the recipe from http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 T. butter
1/4 c. water
3 T. fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley (I didn't have fresh parsley, so I just used dried and it worked perfectly)
1 package cream cheese (you can use 1/3 less fat or fat free)
1. In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture into chicken. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken in butter for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a slow cooker.
2. In the same skillet, mix the water, lemon juice, garlic, and bouillon. Bring the mixture to boil. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
3. Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 hours. Add the parsley to the slow cooker 15 to 30 minutes before the end of the cook time.
4. About 15 minutes before you're ready to serve, remove the chicken and place on a serving platter. Add the cream to cheese to the juice in the crockpot, and whisk until smooth.
Ladle the sauce over rice or pasta, then place your chicken on top!
1 pkg. hot or sweet Italian Sausage (could do turkey sausage for a more healthy approach)
2 c. diced carrots
1 c. chopped onion
8 c. chicken broth
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced italian tomatoes
1 c. small shell pasta
4 c. bagged baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
4 tb grated fresh parmesan or romano cheese
4tb chopped fresh basil (I used dried)
Cook sausage (stir to crumble), carrots and onions in a large pot over medium-high heat until sausage is browned. Add broth, tomatoes, and pasta. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 10 minutes or until pasta is done. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach until wilted. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and basil. Serves 8-10.
Monday, January 31, 2011
- 3 cups rice
- 6 cups of water
- 4tsp chicken bouillon
- 4tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro (substitute dried cilantro)
- 1 can green chilies
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup dehydrated onion
- Pour all into rice cooker and cook or cook on stove
- bring to boil and simmer for 30 min
- Mix and squeeze fresh lime juice is desired
- 1/25 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 8oz dry pasta + 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 16oz jar of salsa
- 4Tbsp mild taco seasoning
- 3oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese, plus more for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil & cook pasta per directions. Reserve once cup of pasta water.
- Over medium heat, brown ground beef until no longer pink. Add onion and cook 5 minutes
- Add taco seasoning and salsa. Allow to simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta, reserved water, cream cheese, sour cream, and shredded cheese. Give it a good stir until cheeses are melty and incorporated.
- Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt & pepper if desired
- Top off with cheddar cheese for extra cheesy goodness.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
CSN Stores has over 200 online stores where you can find anything you need whether it be a chic handbag, modern dining furniture or even cute cookware! I love browsing all their sites.I love browsing all their sites.
I have ordered several things from CSN and must say they have so many great options.
If I was the one that won I think I would order some Kettle Bells… LOVE those things
and leave your email address!
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Caramel, now thats my thing.
You will need:
Chopped Nuts (any kind)
Bits of caramel
Step 2.) Fill the apple with nuts & caramel. I used chopped walnuts on these, which are fine, but peanuts would work better. Especially if you aren't the biggest fan of walnuts (me). I
also used regular caramels that i had, and just cut them into 1/4ths. Caramel chips
would be fine.
Step 3.) Put a dollop/slice/dab of butter on top of the walnut/caramel mixture. Butter makes all
(sorry for the poor picture quality & the child bathing in the background)